My name is Keita Shimakura, founder and representative of Shimakura Shihoshoshi Office (SHIMAX Legal). Thank you kindly for taking the time to read our website.
Using specialized knowledge to help others and seeing a satisfied customer was the source of my aspiration to become a shihoshoshi. Realizing this goal of course means constantly striving to acquire new knowledge and experiences as a shihoshoshi.
At SHIMAX Legal, we make it a point to always provide our clients with clear information and explanations to help them make informed decisions. We believe that doing so will help build mutual trust and lead to a long working relationship between us and the client.
1. Wealth of knowledge and experience with corporate legal services and commercial registration
Our shihoshoshi has built a career centered around corporate legal services and commercial registration.
From our experience dealing with numerous businesses and professional firms such as the below, we provide timely, high quality legal services to all of our clients.
- Major tax and accounting firms
- Listed companies
- Foreign law firms
- Foreign back office service providers
- Foreign real estate investment firms and their Japanese subsidiaries
2. Services provided in English by our shihoshoshi highly experienced in international commercial registration matters
All international commercial registration cases are handled by our highly experienced shihoshoshi.
We have accumulated a wealth of knowledge and understanding of the major issues and unique facets of international registrations required by foreign corporations and individuals.
Furthermore, we can provide all communication with foreign individuals and corporations in English and all documents are created in Japanese and English.
3. Introductions to other professionals and specialists as required
We have built an extensive network of trustworthy professionals and specialists in other fields.
If a client inquires about services that are outside the scope of services provided by a shihoshoshi, we can provide introductions to the appropriate specialist.
Process and Workflow
Roughly speaking, the process from an initial inquiry to completion of registration will be as follows.
1. Send us your inquiry
To begin, please contact us through our online inquiry form.
Tell us in general terms about the nature of your inquiry. We will setup an appointment with you and let you know what to bring.
Please send us your inquiries through our online form.
All inquiries are free of charge and there are of course no obligations.
2. Consultation and estimate
We will discuss with you about your specific needs. We will then explain the procedures to you in detail, provide an estimate of the costs involved and the required documents.
3. Official order
Review our explanations and quotations, and if you are satisfied, please ask us to proceed.
4. Prepare/collect documents
We will create all of the necessary legal documents for the requested procedure. We may also ask you to collect some documents for us as well. (Note that we may be able to obtain some of the documents for you if requested.)
5. Execute documents and make payment
We will ask you to execute all of the necessary documents. In principle, we request that all registration fees are paid to prior to filing of the registration application.
6. File registration application
Once we have received all executed documents and have confirmed receipt of payment of the registration fees, we will file the registration application for you.
7. Completion of registration and return of documents
We will let you know when the registration has been completed, collect new copies of the registration certificate and return the documents used for the registration to you.
- 2019年7月17日 : Capital Increase of a Japanese Subsidiary of a Foreign Corporation
- 2019年7月16日 : Incorporation of a Japan subsidiary of a Foreign Corporation
- 2019年7月12日 : Japan Branch of a German Entity (GmbH)
- 2018年11月16日 : Incorporation of Japan Subsidiary of a US Entity (Delaware)
- 2018年11月15日 : Japan Branch of a Singapore Entity
- 2018年11月14日 : Property Purchase and Sale in Japan involving a Hong Kong Entity
- 2018年11月13日 : Purchase and Sale of Property in Japan involving BVI Entity
- 2018年11月12日 : Japan Branch of a Hong Kong Entity
- 2018年6月27日 : All roads lead to …
- 2018年6月25日 : Raison d’Etre
- 2018年6月20日 : What’s in a Name?